Welcome to the Yealink T42S user guide. This document has been created to assist users with finding the answers to some of the most basic, as well as a few advanced functions the T42S has to offer. With the help of this guide, users will be able to operate and navigate this device with confidence. Let’s get started with the basic functions.
- LCD Screen
- Power Indicator LED
- Line Keys
a. Mute Key
b. Headset Key
c. Message Key
d. Redial Key
- Speakerphone Key
- Volume Key
- Reversible Tab
Placing a Call
- Handset: Pick up the handset. Dial the number, and then press the Send soft key.
- Speakerphone: With the handset on-hook, press the Speaker key. Dial the number, and press the Send soft key.
- Headset: With the headset connected, press the Headset key to activate the headset mode. Dial the number, and press the Send soft key.
Note: Calls to the US and Canada are all dialed using 10 or 11 digits.
Making International Calls
To make an international call:
- Dial the international call code.
- Dial the country code.
- Dial the local number.
Note: International calling is commonly disallowed to prevent toll fraud.
Answering a Call
To answer a call, do one of the following:
- Pick up the Handset.
- Press the Speaker key.
- Press the Headset key or if there is a pickup button on your headset, you can press it.
Extensions on your system can be dialed using their 3-4 digit extension or by pressing the button on your phone corresponding to the desired extension.
Note: VoIP phones provide an intercom feature that allows you to instantly connect to other phones within your office. Intercom functionality is ideal for announcing visitors or asking a quick question.
When one phone intercoms another extension, it does not ring the other phone. Instead, the other phone will beep, and then its microphone and speaker turn on.
To intercom, start by dialing 08ext. For example, to intercom extension 9999, dial 089999.
Your OneCloud UCaaS PBX features various ways to move calls around, including attended transfer, blind (unattended) transfer, voicemail transfer, park, and more. In this section, references to BLFs are the 1-touch buttons to extensions common at front-desk phones.
Note: A blind transfer immediately goes directly to the recipient.
To begin a Blind Transfer:
- Press the Transfer key.
- Dial the extension of the recipient.
- Press Transfer or B Transfer to complete.
Note: An Attended Transfer allows you to place your caller on hold to speak with the transfer recipient, prior to completing the transfer.
To begin an Attended Transfer:
- Press the Transfer key/soft key during a call.
- Dial the recipient’s extension or press their BLF.
- Speak with the recipient as needed, and when ready, press Transfer again to complete.
You can also cancel the transfer by pressing Cancel if needed.
To begin a Voicemail Transfer:
- Press the Transfer key/soft key during a call.
- Enter *55 + the extension you want to transfer the voicemail to.
- Press the B Transfer soft key to complete the transfer.
Park & Hold
On your phone system, Hold is a local function. This means a call held on your phone cannot be picked up at another station. Park is a system-wide function. This means a call parked at one phone may be picked up by any phone.
To place a call on Park:
While connected to the call, press the desired (and available) SP key.
To retrieve a Parked call:
Pick up handset or press Speaker and press the desired SP key.
Directed Call Pickup
Directed call pickup allows you to answer a call ringing at another station.
To perform a Directed Call Pickup:
- Dial 07 followed by the extension that belongs to the phone that’s ringing. For example, if extension 9999 is ringing, dial 079999 to answer for that phone.
- Phones with BLFs to the ringing station can also press the corresponding BLF.
To begin a 3-way conference call (you must have an active call to begin):
Call or receive a call from the first participant in the conference.
- Press the Conference key/soft key. This will place the first call on hold.
- Dial the number of the second participant, and then press the Send soft key.
- Press the Conference soft key again when the second party answers to connect everyone. All parties are now in the conference.
- Press the End Call soft key to disconnect all parties.
Note: You can split the conference call into two individual calls by pressing the Swap soft key.
For information on editing your programmable buttons, please review the article, How to Edit Your Programmable Buttons (Any Physical Phone).
From your desk phone:
- Press the Messages button on your phone or dial 5001 if you prefer to do so. Note: If you subscribe to multiple mailboxes, a list of mailboxes may appear. Select the mailbox you want to access.
- When prompted, enter your voicemail password, and then press #.
For more information on voicemail, please see the Voicemail Guide.