From your desk phone:
- Press the Messages button on your phone or dial 5001 if you prefer to do so.
- Select the mailbox you want to access. Note: If you subscribe to multiple mailboxes, a list of mailboxes may appear.
- When prompted, enter your voicemail password, and then press #.
Access Another Person’s Mailbox
- Dial 5000.
- When prompted, enter the other person’s extension number.
- Enter the voicemail password of the other person’s mailbox, followed by #.
Setting Up Your Mailbox
Note: It is very important to make a custom message, as many callers will not leave messages at mailboxes that have generic greetings.
The first time you log into your mailbox, you will need to record your name and a personal greeting. The name recording is for the dial-by-name directory, so when someone enters the first three letters of your last name, it will play back your name recording. The greeting plays when your mailbox is reached by a caller.
Your mailbox supports multiple greetings for different scenarios like business trips and holidays.
To record an alternate greeting:
- Go to your mailbox’s main menu.
- Press 6 for greetings, and then press 1 to record an alternate greeting.
- When prompted for the greeting number press 2 for your next alternate greeting (1 is your default greeting).
- After your recording is completed, select the active greeting by selecting option 3 in the greetings menu.