Note: ONLY Office Administrators can update the Auto-Attendant. Changing the options does NOT automatically change the greeting. You'll also want to change the auto-attendant menu prompt to match.
To update the Auto-Attendant Dial Pad Menu:
- Click Auto-Attendants from the web menu.
- Locate the Auto-Attendant you'd like to make updates to.
- Click the pencil icon to edit your selection.
- To the bottom right of the edit window is the Dial Pad Menu.
To edit the Dial Pad Menu:
- Locate the number key that you'd like to edit.
Note: You can edit a pre-programmed number key or start with one that hasn't been programmed at all.
- Click on that number key and a section of New Applications will reveal below. The New Application options are:
- Call Queue
- Voicemail Management
- External Number
- Play Message
- Repeat Prompt
- Add Tier
- Choose a New Application and follow the prompts to enter the required information accurately.
- Once you're done with editing the Auto-Attendant, click Save to complete.
Dial Pad Menu Breakdown:
The User application will allow you to forward the caller to an extension on the system of another user. It will also give you the option to add a prefix to the call ID so the user that call is being forwarded to knows the call is being routed from an auto attendant.
The Conference option will allow you to forward the call to the conference bridge you enter into the Enter bridge name, extension option field.
Call Queues options as allows the caller to be forwarded to a call queue.
- It also allows you to have the system announce the number of callers in the queue ahead of the caller.
- Or announce the average expected wait time.
- It also allows for a Caller ID prefix to be added so the agent in the queue knows the call was routed to them from an Auto Attendant.
Directory option sends the call to the company directory.
Voicemail option will forward a caller to the voicemail extension entered.
Voicemail Management option allows users on the system to enter their extension number and pin. Then they can check messages and manage their voicemail account. Note: This is usually programmed as a "secret" menu option and not listed in the audio prompts.
External number option will forward the call to another telephone number.
Play message allows you to record a message that will be played to the caller. Then you can decide how to route the call after the message has been played.
Repeat Prompt will replay the menu prompt message.
Add Tier option as seen below will allow you to add another dial pad menu to the auto attendant. Once another tier has been added you will see the same options except for Add Tier. As you cannot add another tier. And the option for the Previous Menu appears so the caller can route back to the original Auto Attendant level. You cannot add a tier to 0 or the star key.
The Gear Icon takes you to the options settings window for the Auto Attendant as seen in figure 5.5.5 where you can control the caller’s experiences.
Enable Dial by Extension - Enable Dial by Extension allows you to enable calling an extension directly from the Auto Attendant if the caller knows the user's extension number.
If no key is pressed - Allows you to select a dial pad menu option, repeat the menu prompt recording, or hang up the call if no digit is pressed when the caller is in the Auto Attendant.
If unassigned key is pressed - Configure what to do with the call if the caller does not press any digits when in the auto attendant and what do to if the caller presses a key that is not configured in the Dial Pad