Note: In order to assign a phone number to an extension, you must either be set as either a site manager or office manager in the OneCloud system.
To assign a phone number you must:
- Navigate to myonecloud.com and log into your admin account.
- Click "Inventory" from the navigation menu.
- Find the phone number you would like to edit and click "Edit" () to the right of the phone number. A new window will pop up allowing you to change what application will be handling the call.
- The "Treatment" drop-down allows you to select what application is going to be handling the call such as a User, Call Queue or Auto Attendant.
Available Number - This option will keep the number available and will have the phone number appear in the drop down for application options offering for a direct number to be selected.
User - User will allow you to select a user’s extension in the organization to route the calls to.
Conference - Conference will allow you to select a conference bridge to send the call to.
Call Queues - Call Queues will allow you to select a call queue to route the phone number to.
Voicemail - Selecting Voicemail as the application will allow you to send the caller to a voicemail box of a user on the system. You will also see the option Enable enhanced voicemail appear. When enabling it will allow the caller to press 0 to be routed out of the voicemail box.
Auto Attendant - When selecting Auto Attendant the Auto Attendant field appears which will allow you to select which Auto Attendant you would like the call routed to.
SIP Trunk - SIP Trunk will allow you to route calls to another SIP trunk if any are configured for our organization.
PSTN Number - This option allows you to route the call to another phone number for the call to be sent to. Helpful if you need to route calls to a 3 rd party call center.
- After a Treatment has been selected, additional fields will appear. The fields will vary based on the treatment selected. Set these additional fields to choose where calls to that phone number should go.
- Set the "Caller ID Prefix" for the phone number. You can add a prefix to the caller ID before sending it to the destination to help rely information to the person receiving the call such as which telephone number the call came in over.
- Set a "Note" for the phone number. Notes allow you to add a description to the telephone number that can help you identify what this number is used for in the future.
- "Save" and test.