E911 stands for Enhanced 911, and it’s the part of the 911 system that automatically ties a location to the call—whether it’s a specific address or coordinates.
What is Kari’s Law?
Kari's Law requires direct 911 dialing and notification capabilities in multi-line telephone systems (MLTS), which are typically found in enterprises such as office buildings, campuses, and hotels. ... In addition, MLTS (Multi-Line Telephone System) installers, managers, and operators must ensure that the systems support 911 direct dialing.
What is Ray Baum's Act?
The Ray Baum's Act requires that all 911 calls must have an accurate, dispatchable location. Section 506 of the Ray Baum's Act defines 'dispatch-able location' as:
Street Address: 777 N. Tryon St.
Floor: 12th flr
Room # or Zone: Room 1211/SW Corner
What is E911?
We mentioned earlier that E911 stands for Enhanced 911, and it’s the part of the 911 system that automatically ties a location to the call—whether it’s a specific address or coordinates.
Why is This Important?
It assigns a physical address to your number. E911 allows you to communicate metadata when emergency calls are made for a faster response than would normally occur. In short, e911 ties a physical address to your IP phone numbers, making it possible for Fire / Police / other Emergency Services teams to be sent to an accurate location. If a phone is physically moved to a new address, that information should be updated immediately.
How to Update E911 Information?
Please Note: Only the Super Users or Administrators can add or edit e911 location information.
- To begin to update E911 information, go to your E911 portal at e911services.myonecloud.com/login.
- Log in with your MyOneCloud administrative credentials.
- Click the Provisioning tab.
- Locate and click on the phone number or account you want to make the changes to.
- Make the necessary changes to the e911 phone number or account by editing any or all of the highlighted fields shown below.
- When finished, click Validate to save the changes.
- The following message should appear letting your know that your changes have been saved.
- The registered Emergency Address must be the physical address where the device is located.
- Do not include special characters in the Customer Name field. The address will be verified, so please enter a true physical address. Suite and apartment numbers should always be entered in the Apartment / Suite # field. Ensure to update this address whenever you change your physical location.
- The device will be unable to place outbound calls without a registered Emergency address. The device, however, will still be able to dial 911.